Search This Blog

Friday, December 1, 2017

The Playwright Amy Herzog, New York Theatre Workshop, 2017

click image to enlarge
The Playwright Amy Herzog, New York Theatre Workshop, 2017
Mary Jane
By Amy Herzog
Director Anne Kaufman
Scenic Design Laura Jellinek 
cast: Carrie Coon, LIZA COLĂ“N-ZAYAS, Danaya Esperanza, Susan Pourfar, Brenda Wehle 


 from Mary Jane:

MARY JANE: It’s still raining out there, huh?

TENKEI: Yes. They’re predicting more floods.

MARY JANE : I have a friend…I’m worried about her garden. (brief pause) Oh, no, that’s right. That’s right. She lives on a hill. (she’s briefly comforted by that) My memory…

TENKEI: Sure.

MARY JANE: I keep getting disoriented. They’ve moved Alex’s room a few times. This morning I came out of the bathroom and went to the wrong bed. But not a bed he had been in before. I took a wrong turn, then I went to the right spot in the wrong room. There was a teenager there. A nurse was rubbing him down with lotion. He was staring at the ceiling. I wasn’t sure what my mistake was for a moment. Was it the right bed but the wrong child? The right child, the wrong…time zone?



No comments:

Post a Comment