Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Playwright Portrait, Kate E. Ryan, Excerpt from Free Adaptation of Women of Trachis


The Playwright Kate E. Ryan, 2006
pswb@2012


free adaptation of WOMEN OF TRACHIS
CHORUS
One time I sat down in elementary school and I sat at the hard metal desk with the hard fake-wooden metal top and I wrote out all of my letters, one after the other, a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y and z. It was at night and nobody else was at school and it was in my dream.
And another time we were making snow animals at school it was an art project and it was so cold but so fun.
I made mine out in the front of the school but off to the side right in front of our classroom window actually and it was a, um…
Kangaroo. With a little pouch and my friend Jessie made a baby kangaroo and stuck it in there when I wasn’t looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment