Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Playwright Portrait, Alena Smith, Excerpt from The Lacy Project



Alena Smith, Playwright 2009
pswb©2012



The Lacy Project



HARRIET
Ah, the way that tatting makes your bustle shimmer ... oh would you ever allow me to borrow your dress?

OLIVIA
Poor Harriet. I’m afraid such an exchange would be impossible. For our gowns are sewn to our very skin.

HARRIET
Ah, ‘tis true. Such is our lot.

OLIVIA
Plus, even if I could get it off, my gear would not flatter you. For you have a fat cloth tummy, whilst I have sensuous plastic curves.

HARRIET
You are indeed quite plastic. You are plastic from your teeth to your toenails. Your very soul is plastic, dearest Olivia.

OLIVIA
Oh, yeah? Well, thank you, Harriet. I like totally take that as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment